Friday, August 28, 2009

nearly september?! whhhat?

where do i start. how about the cliff's notes version? mmmkay here goes.

i went to san francisco for work. i got to meet the president of old navy and our vice president of operations. i also went ahead and picked out my future office.



i moved into my townhouse. it's flawless and i love it. jack moved in with me. he's the best.





i've been working or driving to/from work in denton for no less than 60 hours a week. but hey, the vp came to visit the store (same one from SFO trip) and it went well. i think the exact words were "yeah! way to go melissa!" that dulls the pain a bit. (that's ann my store manager, jeff the vp, nolan the regional director and your's truly; please don't judge that denim wall - it was 5pm and we were totally busy)



my remodel coordinator duties have taken over my days, er, nights. now 6pm is like 6am to me. i leave for work at 8pm and get home around 7am. thank goodness i've got a bestie who works nights too and is willing to go to "the hidden door" to have a cocktail with me while the sun comes up.

i'm still having fun - i've gotten to see some of my old school denton peeps since i'm working up there; LOVE that i got to meet little jacob john!
and amber got married! the ceremony was in an art studio in deep ellum - kinda sketch neighborhood but LOVED the building.



it doesn't look like much when i cut it down, but lemme tell you - it's been insane.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Gurlll, I can come fat fold the crap outta that denim wall. It will look immaculate! Do they still fat fold denim? I know they took it away for a while cause you can't fit as many pairs in, but the wall looks beautiful when it's done the right way... just sayin'

MELissa said...

ooo yes we're ALL ABOUT the fat fold these days with our fancy-schmancy remodel project.

we need to do dinner sometime. unless you wanna have real food at 6am when i get off work... lol.

Becca said...

Look at yo page gettin' all cute!

Becca said...

And I did text you with a "greek" request....