Saturday, January 3, 2009

out with oh-eight

in honor of the end of 2008, i'm giving you a list of some great top 8's!

8 TV shows I watch:
1. CSI
2. 90210
3. Absolutely Fabulous
4. Will & Grave
5. Friends
6. Sex & The City

8 favorite restaurants (in no special order)
1. Village Burger (American)
2. Uncle Julios (Mexican)
3. Texas Land & Cattle (Steakhouse)
4. Casa Blanca (Mexican)
5. Jake's (American)
6. Ghengis Grill (Mongolian)
7. Maggianos (Italian)
8. Tom Tom (sushi)

8 things that happened yesterday:
1. I bought a new deep freeze.
2. Did laundry.
3. Ate at Ghengis Grill with Frank/Jake.
4. Went to Target and didn't spend money.
5. Enjoyed some Chopin Vodka.
6. Went to Panda's at 3 in the morning with Frank, Onyx, Mike D., Ben, Michelle, Chanel and some other people I don't know.
7. Got a kiss on the cheek from a drag queen.

8 things I'm looking forward to
1. MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND EXTRAVAGANZA!
2. Vacation to Washington DC
3. Sleeping in my bed tonight (I got new bedding for Christmas and just got around to getting it set up today)
4. Meeting my mom's new puppy, Skippy
5. The other two managers coming back to work after their maturnitity leaves (I'll be working lots of 4-day weeks in January since they'll be back!)
6. Cooking dinner tomorrow (Taco Salad-watch out-tasty!)
7. Finishing reloading my iPod with all the music that I lost when I had to restore the damn thing a week ago.
8. Spending time with my friends (I'm always into that)


8 things I love:
1. Mom & Family - Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins - I have the best
2. My roommates, Frank & Jake
3. Making things pretty
4. A good bartender
5. Long books/series of books
6. Movies that entertain and/or make me think
7. Music that fits exactly into my life like a soundtrack
8. Cheese. No seriously.

8 things I can't stand:
1. Those who are jerks, self-rightous, hypocritical and hateful.
2. Carolyn.
3. When people complain and do nothing to solve the problem.
4. Tuna. The smell. The taste. The texture. Eww.
5. Running late
6. Not having money to do things I'd like to
7. Workloads that require more payroll than what is funded. Ugh.
8. People that don't drive as well as I do.

8 things I think are beautiful
1. Yellow roses
2. Baby animals
3. Sunsets - no matter where; the beach, city, mountains
4. Children laughing - not screaming is always a good thing to see
5. People in love - straight, gay - if everybody would backup and see the love, it's beautiful.
6. The face of a family member after a long time apart
7. Air conditioning in Texas.
8. Kids (especially teenagers) who are learning something

So here's to a FABULOUS 2009. I've got high hopes for this one. :)

No comments: