Sunday, January 25, 2009

worky-work

hello to my blog-readin'-friends! so i have my mildly fun updates to share. last thursday my district manager (selena) came for our monthly store visit. well she told me about some fun "stretch assignments" for me for 2009.
first off, i'm going to be part of the "building the bench" program in the district. basically it's for managers who are secure in their current positions and show the potential to do a lot more in the future. there are meetings, mentoring for others in the district, special assignments, etc. it's a kinda big deal, and i'm pretty honored to be included.
secondly, my assignment for 2009 is over all the "grade 2"s. first here's a breakdown of our core management structure:
1. store manager
2. assistant store manager <----ME :)
3. operations manager, service & training manager
4. pricing associate, merchandise associates <----GRADE 2's
the 11 stores in the district all have between 2-3 of these grade 2's. i'll be responsible for them. for helping to train and develop them, for coming up with classes, conference calls, additional materials that will help them do their jobs.... it's whatever i want to make it, and my dm has high hopes for me.
thirly, i'm going to midland, texas! whooo! just for a week (not a transfer--not to lonely west texas, no ma'am!) with another manager to help train 4 brand-new leaders. it's my first real business trip, and i'm stoked. my only concern is if they have a hotel bar. lol. just kidding.

so yeah, work is going well. it's much better than it was during the holiday season. the other managers are back in the store and i've had TWO four-day weekends this month. what what!

No comments: